jeudi 9 avril 2009

Liferuiner


Liferuiner is a band from Toronto Ontario. They were introduced to me by my old friend Kevin. I started liking them a lot right then, seeing as they were a straight edge band and at the time I myself was straight edge. I could really relate to the lyrics. I saw them live for the first time Easter weekend 2007 with another band from Ontario, Body break, and another band I used to really like, Emmure. I really enjoyed there set, Jonny, there vocalist, really hyped up the crowd and knew how to put on a good show. It was probably one of my favourite shows. After this show I really started getting into them, I started talking to the vocalist, Jonny. He was straight edge and we got along pretty well. I went to all there shows, in Oshawa, Toronto and anywhere else I could get to. They were a really influential band to me, they helped me stay straight edge for a while when everybody was trying to get me to break. But they have also given Ontario hardcore a very bad reputation. Jonny is rumoured to like to hit on very young girls, and also pick fights with almost anybody. After touring the United States, the Americans thought that we were all like Jonny. Which bothers me a lot, because now we are stuck with this reputation and it is so hard to fight a band rep once you have gotten it. They started in 2004 as a joke, there wasn’t really anything going on in Ontario then for hardcore, and Jonny really wanted to be on stage. They first started out, mocking straight edge bands of that time. As the years went on they went through a lot of member changes. The band has had over 50 members. In august 2008 there were no longer any original members, so the band was now label controlled. So the Liferuiner we know now is actually just a bunch of people the label hired and aren’t the actual band. A few of the original band members are now in other acts. Jonny is now the drummer for Siberia, Gates is now the bassist for Deadwalk. Sebastian is now in Buried and Breathing. The rest of the members still go to shows.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire