mercredi 8 avril 2009

Rant

I know this post is not really on subject with the rest of my posts, but it has been bothering me. I just can’t understand how self absorbed so many people are. They have no regard or care about anyone around them. You walk down the street not one person will move out of your way, you shoot someone a smile and they give you a dirty look. Like at work the other day a pregnant lady had her hand full of groceries and was struggling with the door, about 4 or 5 people walked right by her and didn’t bother helping. Then an older man finally came to her aid. It’s so sad that in one generation shift so much has gone downhill. Like the generation preceding mine is so much nicer. They are polite, will do stuff for others, will help their neighbours etc... But if you look at a 20 year old nowadays he wouldn’t lift a finger unless there was something in it for him. People won’t do anything for anyone but themselves. I hear the argument that maybe I have only encountered bad people and not yet seen the good out there. Turn on the news there is no good out there. All you ever see is war, poverty etc.. If people were good natured there wouldn’t be this many problems. I’m probably looking at this in a very pessimistic way, but every single person I have encountered has done such horrible things, me included. If given the chance anyone will stab anyone in the back for their gain. In my opinion ``nice`` is how big the gain has to be for someone to stab someone’s back. I have been trying for the last few months to be a nicer person. What for? I smile at people when they pass me, they give me dirty looks, I hold the door for someone, and I don’t even get a thank you. Being nice in this time and day will get you nowhere.



That’s my rant for today thanks!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire